Establishment Division is headed by Additional Secretary (Administration) assisted by Director/Deputy Secretary (Administration), Under Secretary (Administration) and three Sections, Establishment-I, Establishment-II & Establishment-III Sections.
The Establishment Division deals with all the service/establishment matters relating to Group ‘A’ (Gazetted), ‘B’ (Gazetted & Non-gazetted) & ‘C’ posts belonging to various cadres. These posts belong to various cadres of Central
Secretariat Service (CSS), Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS), Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS), Indian Cost Accounting Service (ICoAS), some posts of the level of Deputy Secretary and above under Central Staffing Scheme and Ex-cadre
posts comprising the Official Language staff, Statistical Investigator, Library staff, Staff Car Driver, Canteen Staff, Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) of Department of Food & Public Distribution. Service matters includes framing/review of Recruitment Rules, creation
of posts, appointments, promotions, maintenance of Service Books, APARs, posting/transfer, pay-fixation, increments, grant of leaves/LTC, grant of various advances, medical reimbursement, children education allowance, retirements, disciplinary proceedings,
issuance of instructions on punctuality and compilation of monthly progress report on attendance in respect of the department, etc. Establishment Division also deals with the service matters of the officials, who are posted in the personal staff of the Cabinet
In addition to above, Establishment Division also deals with the matter under Career Management & Training as follows:
· Nomination of officers of all categories for training abroad against the fellowships offered by the foreign countries, universities, Foundations and International Institutions.
· Nominations of officers of all categories for training courses and refresher courses in various training institutions within India.
· Setting-up of training centers and organizing part-time training for JSAs/ SSAs/ Stenographers on decentralized basis at Ministry/ Department level.
· Preparation of plan for training of groups B and C staff.
· Nomination of officers for Workshops, Seminars, Conferences arranged by various agencies in India
· Parliament questions etc. relating to the above.
· O&M and other periodical returns.
· Any other function assigned from time to time.