Brief functions of POLICY-l SECTION
1. Procurement of foodgrains under price support and examination of support price proposals from Ministry of Agriculture.
2. Important matters relating to implementation of Procurement Policy.
3. Procurement Policy of foodgrains (wheat, paddy, rice).
4. To fix timelines for procurement of foodgrains (Wheat & Paddy) and grant permission to State Governments for extension of procurement period of Wheat and Rice and to extension of period for CMR(Custom Milled Rice)
5. Preparation of important briefs/ notes on price Policy procurement/support prices etc. for supply to Minister, Planning Commission, Dte. of E&S and other concerned Departments.
6. Conference of State Food Ministers/Food Secretaries for making arrangement for procurement of wheat & paddy before the commencement of each marketing season(KMS and RMS).
7. Decentralised procurement of foodgrains by State Govt.
8. Any other function assigned from time to time.